Old Wives’ Tales are urban legends, throughout the world. And, regardless of how much truth they hold or how much superstition they suggest, they are fun to read nonetheless.
In this article I’m looking at the “tales” on “in the Kitchen!”
– The personality of the “spirit of your house” governs whether the house is lucky or unlucky.
– When mixing ingredients, it should be stirred clockwise, as all important functions should be performed in an east to west direction.
– Loaves of bread marked with a cross, protects you from evil.
– She that pricks bread with fork or knife; will never be a happy maid or wife.
– A loaf that splits open while in the oven warns of a death to come in the family.
– It is unlucky to turn a loaf upside down after cutting the first slice, as this will cause the head of the household to become ill.
– If a loaf of bread crumbles in your hand as you are cutting it you will have a quarrel with someone before very long.
– Drop a slice of buttered bread, butter side up, and a visitor will arrive.
Marquette Turner Luxury Homes