Here’s some simple (and somewhat old fashioned) tips and remedies on how to cure a cold, the flu, or just a few sniffles! They’re certainly worth a try 🙂
– Dip an egg roll in Chinese horseradish mustard. Horseradish fumes can burn, so if you must, allow the fumes to escape from your mouth. However, for best results, keep your mouth closed and you will sweat the cold away.
– Always wear a light scarf or polo neck jumper all day throughout winter.
– A hot toddy at bedtime – made from one boiled cup of milk, sugar to taste and topped up with as much whisky as you see fit. The combination of hot milk and whisky induces a sort of sleepy stupor, leading to a good night’s sleep – just what a cold needs.
– Never go outside on a cold day with wet hair.
– A good hot mustard bath brings your blood to the surface so you get a nice glow, clears out your nose and makes your eyes water.
– Suck on zinc lozenges. The zinc helps prevent the virus getting a strong foothold on the tissues of the nose and throat. You will start to notice a chalky taste in your mouth and your sense of taste will be slightly effected.
– Always keep your feet covered indoors.
– Drink ginger tea. Grate ½ inch to 1 inch of ginger root in 2 cups boiling water. Let the ginger infuse for a few minutes, then strain the tea. Add juice of ¼ lemon and a teaspoon of honey. Although not the most pleasant tea to taste, has wonderful healing benefits.
– Every morning combine apple cider vinegar, molasses, cayenne pepper and brewers yeast to a glass of spring water.
– And finally, buy a bottle of pepper vodka, get yourself to a sauna (or a hot bath), sit, sweat and drink!
Marquette Turner Luxury Homes on MarquetteTurner.com