If you’re a well-rounded blog reader, you’ve spent time learning not just from travel writers, but from food and finance bloggers as well. Blog readers are a type, though there are many sub types as well. Blog readers tend to be intelligent, ambitious, and frugal. It’s that last quality which we’re going to be addressing here, as it pertains to moving and travel. We live in an increasingly mobile world. People are moving farther and more often, sometimes even out of the country. This can lead to a whole laundry list of complications, but for people who are so motivated, it’s definitely worth it.
Frequent moving and travel can lead to all sorts of new experiences, jobs, educational opportunities, and social achievements. But it’s also expensive and stressful. Moving is one of the most stressful events in life, actually. That’s true no matter how you approach it. Combine that reality with the fact that many frugal people opt to move themselves, and you’ve got a recipe for intense emotions! Here are five reasons why you should think about NOT moving yourself.
- The Stress. First things first, hiring professionals like Pleasanton Movers will cut 90% of the stress out of moving. You just show the movers what you need moved, give instructions on how to care for things and where they should be placed in your new home, and they’ll take care of the rest, easy as pie.
- The Work. Not everyone can physically handle the challenges of moving. If you don’t want to be in traction for a week following your next move, leave it to the pros. You won’t have to lift a finger. Instead, you can spend your time on all the other things you’ve got to worry about when you move!
- The Friend Factor. Most people rely on friends to help them move. Maybe you are that friend to other people. It’s not exactly fair. Just because you work out and/or have a pickup truck doesn’t mean that you should be everyone else’s go-fer. Your friends probably feel the same way. Leave the work to the pros and meet your friends for a beer instead!
- The Vehicle. You may be able to handle the physical rigour of moving yourself, but you may not have the vehicle to pull off the job. Don’t try to make it work in your girlfriend’s hatchback. Call movers, and they’ll have everything neatly arranged in a massive truck in no time.
- The Maintenance. It’s easy to damage your stuff when you move. Movers do this stuff every day, so they know how to maintain your things while transporting them. They’re much less likely to bang into things on the way into your new space, even on hard areas like the staircase. And if they break something, they’re liable for its repair or replacement. So don’t endanger your things just to save a buck. Hire professional movers.
Hiring professional movers may be something you’ve never considered before, but once you’ve used a service like this once, you’ll never go back. For your next move, however far, hire professional movers to get the job done fast and right.