The kitchen is one of the most important rooms in a home. From enjoying family meals to throwing festive holiday parties, you want this room to always look its best. If your kitchen is in need of a makeover without the hassle of a complete renovation, it may be time for some small changes. To help you get started, here are 4 simple ways to revamp your kitchen:
- Rethink your lighting. The secret to making your kitchen seem more open and inviting may be as simple as finding the right type of lighting. The bulbs you choose to light your kitchen can have a huge impact on the way your space looks and feels. Here are some of the most common lighting options for your kitchen space:
– Fluorescent lighting: One of the many benefits of fluorescent lights is that they provide a lot of light while using very little energy. While these bulbs may be a little more costly than other alternatives, their long lifespan makes it well worth the expense.
– Incandescent lighting: These bulbs are used in the majority of kitchen fixtures. They create a warm and inviting atmosphere for enjoying food and family. Compared to other options, incandescent bulbs use a lot of energy and produce a large amount of heat.
– LED: If energy efficiency is a priority for you, LED bulbs might be just what you are looking for. These bulbs are compact but may not produce as much light as other types of bulbs.
- Change your cabinets. Updating your kitchen cabinets is one of the most effective ways to give your kitchen a completely new look. Companies like Evolve Kitchens specialize in building custom cabinets to match the look and feel of your space. With various colors, textures and finish options to choose from, custom cabinets give you an opportunity to design a look that is uniquely yours.
- Upgrade your faucets. Replacing your kitchen faucet is a cost-effective way to update the design of your kitchen. With an endless selection of mountings available, there is no shortage of options to choose from. If you plan to replace only the faucet and still use your pre-existing sink, a sink-mounted option is a strong choice. If you would like more style options and have a little more to invest in this project, a deck or wall-mounted faucet might be just what you need.
- Add a backsplash. A backsplash is a practical way to spice up a plain looking kitchen wall. With tons of trendy options available, you should have no trouble finding a ceramic tile or mosaic glass that matches the look and feel you want for your kitchen. As an added benefit, a backsplash can quickly create a focal point in an otherwise monotone looking space.
Remodeling your kitchen can be a hassle, but it does not have to be. Making small changes such as lighting or faucets can dramatically improve the overall look and feel of your kitchen.